Tonight, a good friend asked me for my top pick for 5 healthy food books. Her son (a radiologist) has newly shown some interest in the Joel Fuhrman diet and she would like to offer him some additional support. I’ve put my list of transitional books here. For most people, just understanding the basics of getting off of processed food, sugar and factory farming is the 1st step. Raw Food, I consider advanced nutritional techniques. Most people start with transitional foods, unless they are in a healing crisis. Here is my list of 13 top picks! Enjoy!
- For people to understand about raw food and cancer: The Living Food Lifestyle by Brenda Cobb.
- For great cooked green recipes: Greens, Glorious Greens Vegetable Dishes, I Can’t Live Without by Susie Middleton.
- Understanding how we can change our DNA with food, backed by science. Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman.
- Green Smoothies: Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko.
- Another book by Victoria provides a great Intro to Raw Foods: 12 Steps to Raw.
- Raw Recipes: Raw Food, Real World by Matthew Kenney and his partner, Sarma Melngailis.
- RAWvolution by Matt Amsden.
- Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney.
- Of course, for those eating meat: Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
- The Makers Diet by Jorday Rubin.
- The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollon.
- Great macrobiotic book: The Self Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner.
- Good Transitional book: Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair.
The above 2 books (Nourishing Traditions and Makers Diet) are way too meat and dairy heavy, but they do emphasize why quality matters greatly.