Beets have zero fat, low calorie, are high in carbohydrates which means they are a great instant energy source, but unlike processed foods which are high in carbohydrates, beets will energize your body. Beets contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. They are also considered a fiber food and contain vitamins A and C as well as niacin. You can't 'beet' that!
|Raw Beet Ravioli Recipe|
About our guest contributor:
Margaret Rizzuto is a portrait & food photographer as well as raw food enthusiast in Hudson Valley, New York. Her food blog, www.foodphotographyreviews.com highlights area restaurants and is filled with beautiful food photography and recipes. The blog leans toward vegetarian eating and most recently, includes raw foods. Margaret’s portrait work can be seen at www.MargaretRizzutoPhotography.com
Award Winning 7-Day Live Immersion Detox Retreats
Do you want to love your body more and enhance your well-being and energy? At our Immersion Retreats, participants detoxify, energize and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit while getting world-class raw food training — and many experience dramatic health improvements. Are YOU ready to live your best life?Learn More
Sign up to receive our newsletter
Every week we will share the latest research, recipes and tips to help you live a healthier happier life.
- Raw Dinner Party
- Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- Summer CSA Blog Week 2
- Mexican Stuffed Avocado With Mole Sauce and Sour Cream
- Summer CSA Blog Week 1
- Tangy Spicy Chunky Avocado Grapefruit and Pea Shoot Salad
- Summer Endive Boats.
- Parsley Sesame Salad
- How To Make Coconut Mylk
- Almond Pulp Cookies
- Dehydrating Fruits and Veggies
- “Cheesy” Kale & Onion Chips
- Earthy Lentil Salad
- Winter Comfort Drink
- Raw Macaroons
- Raw Super Bowl Snacks!
- My 13 top book picks for transitional nutrition, from processed food to REAL food!
- Holiday Truffles
- Super Immunity Travel Tips
- What Can Enzymes Do For You?
- How to eat raw on a budget.
- Which juicer to buy?
- RAW SUMMER BEET-APPLE SALAD and SPROUTED EARTHY LENTIL SALAD
- Mangoes with raw vanilla pudding
- Italian Wraps
- Green Breakfast RISE & SHINE ROUTINE
- Have a Piece of Cake Today
- Energy Soup
- Kicking Cancer to the Curb, Naturally. Interview with Carol Christoforatos
- Kicking Cancer to the Curb, Naturally. Interview with Elaine Gibson
- Grow your Own Wheatgrass
- Is there gluten in wheatgrass juice?
- Lemon Tart Parfait Recipe - Raw Food Style
- Raw Cacao Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- CRAVE CEREAL ONCE IN AWHILE? ME TOO!
- Great Kale Chip
- Natural Body Care
- Adult Acne - Food For Your Face
- My Inspiration
- Soaking Seeds and Sprouts
- Coconut Oil
- Mango, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Black Sesame and Almond Salad Recipe
- Sprouts & Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe, Herb Dressing
- All Natural Food Mask
- SUPER easy raw cookie
- Growing My Own Food
- CACAO, My Secret Indulgence
- Onion Juice - My First Experience
- Raw Beet Ravioli Recipe
- Good Morning Smoothies
- Raw Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Confetti Salad with Wasabi Sauce Recipe
- Phrases to Say When Talking to Your Kids About Food
- Carob Hazelnut Truffles Recipe
- I LOVE having healthy kids!
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash Pasta with Basil Pesto
- My Face See The Difference Raw Food Makes
- Raw Broccoli Leek Soup Recipe
- Pomegranates Are The Natural Pharmacy in Fruit
- Fennel and Pomegranate Salad On The Raw Food Holiday Table
- Raw Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Creamy Kale and Celery Root Ryce
- Cashew Rosemary Raviolis Recipe
- Raw Food Equipment
- Simple Raw Miso Soup
- Raw Vegan Parsnip Bacon Recipe
- Raw Banana Pancake Recipe
- Cashew Cream Nori Rolls
- Jicama Salad And Nectarine
- Gourmet Flat Bread Pizza
- Raw Nori Wraps
- Raw Portabella Sandwich
- Raw Nut "Cheese" Recipe
- Medicinal Sprout Salad
- Daily Green Juice
- Cinnamon Apple Crisps
Want to learn more about how to get started with raw food? Check out our free ebook!
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the research and opinions of The Raw Food Institute and Lisa Wilson, unless otherwise noted. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional nor intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of our organization. You are encouraged to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, nor are these statements intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.