THE 1ST TIME I MADE ONION JUICE, IT WAS SO DISGUSTING, I KNEW IT HAD TO BE MEDICINAL!!!
Sure enough, a little research took me down a path I NEVER EXPECTED. Turns out onions top the list with their medicinal powers.... Make a shot of onion juice and you've got: ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL TONICS ON THE PLANET!
Also, look for the 40 day onion juice cleanse. Do a shot a day for 40 days. It's intense! You have to get into the right mindset, make yourself a shot and say ,"Bottoms up! Anything in the name of health!"
It is so powerful, it really does not taste like onions at that point, rather more like a shot of hard alcohol... throwback to college days!
Nauseous? It likely means you really need this juice. Just drink slowly and put your mind to it. You can do this!
OH, AND IF YOU HAVE LEFT OVER ONION PIECES, JUST LEAVE THEM SITTING OUT IN YOUR ROOM. THEY WILL ABSORB ALL KINDS OF GARBAGE YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE IN YOUR AIR. PUT THEM NEXT TO THE BED OF A SICK PERSON, AND THEY'LL BE FEELING BETTER SOON! WORKS--I DO THIS ALL THE TIME!!! TALK ABOUT A ROOM FRESHENER!!! ;)))
I'M SO OVER - THE - MOON ABOUT THE MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF ONION JUICE
Good Oral Health: Onions are often used to prevent tooth decay and oral infections. Chewing raw onions for 2 to 3 minutes could possibly kill all the germs present in the mouth area. Treatment for Heart Ailments: Onions aids in thinning of the blood, which in turn prevents the red blood cells from forming clumps. These blocks could lead to heart disorders or cardiovascular diseases. Glowing Skin: Onion juice mixed with honey or olive oil is said to be best treatment for acne condition.
Treatment for Cough: Consuming equal mixture of onion juice and honey can relive sore throat and cough symptoms.
Used as Insect Repellent: You can apply onion juice to reduce the pain caused due to honey-bee bite. Fresh onion juice or paste can be used for external applications for insect bites and scorpion stings.
Boost Sexual Drive: Onions are said to increase the urge for healthy sexual life. One table spoon of onion juice along with spoonful of ginger juice, taken trice a day can boost the libido and sex drive.
Treatment of Anaemic Condition: Even anaemic conditions can be improved by eating onions along with jaggery and water.
Relieves Stomach Ache: Onions have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that give relief to upset stomach and related gastro syndromes.
Treating Urinary Disorders: For those suffering from burning sensation during urination, onions can provide considerable relief. The patient should drink water boiled with 6 to 7 gm of onion.
Prevention of Cancer: Onions are rich in active compounds that successfully inhibit the development of cancerous cells.
Relieving Earache: A few drops of onion juice may actually prove immensely beneficial to individuals suffering from acute earache. The ringing sound in the ear may be cured by applying onion juice through cotton wool.
According to Peace Health, onions have been useful for treating various human diseases such as tumours, persistent coughs and cold. Medicine practitioners consider this plant form as a perfect home
Jay Prakash said... Onion also contains mineral components such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, selenium and phosphorus. The antibacterial properties of onion teemed with antifungal uses have made it a household name.
Dark color patches or discoloration or skin is related to a skin disorder known as melasma. If you are suffering with melasma, you can control this problem. Take two teaspoon of onion juice and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well. Now wash the area properly and apply this liquid with the help of cotton swab. Preventing your eyes if applying on face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with warm water. In few weeks it will remove all the patches.
You can use onion juice as skin tonic. Take 1 tablespoon of onion juice, 1 tablespoon of carrot juice, 1 yolk of egg, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one table spoon or rose water. Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Now wash your face with lukewarm water and apply this lotion with cotton swab. Leave for 20 minutes and wash with warm water. Follow this tip minimum 3 days in a week. This a very nice skin tonic. It will give your skin a good skin health and more lighter skin tone with fair skin.
You can also use onion juice to remove moles. If you want to remove moles, apply directly fresh onion juice on mole with a cotton swab. Leave for 30 minutes and wash. Repeat it minimum thrice a day. It will remove moles in few weeks. Like onion you can use Garlic for your skin care at home.
Onion juice mixed with honey or olive oil is said to be best treatment for acne condition.
CHEERS TO YOUR HEALTH!!!! Lisa Wilson
It's never too early to make your New Year's Resolution.
The New Year is just around the corner, and our January Live Immersion Retreat is filling up fast. Commit yourself to starting 2015 off with a focus on your health and join Lisa Wilson and her special guest for a transformative, life-changing week at The Raw Food Institute. Start your journey of health with this powerful program and get the knowledge and support you need to make 2015 the year you achieve your health goals.Learn More
Sign up to receive our newsletter
Every week we will share the latest research, recipes and tips to help you live a healthier happier life.
- Raw Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce
- Energy Soup
- 8 Drinks For Super Immunity
- Marinated Asparagus With Fennel And Pumpkin Seeds
- Raw Chili - The Works!
- Are you stuck behind a computer all day long?
- Pumpkin Soup With Dill and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Sprouted Cereal With Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Mylk
- Raw Thai Wraps
- 7 Things to Try Before Medicating Your Child For ADHD or Autism.
- Grains Are An Irritant
- Creamy Tomato Soup With Chia Crackers and Kale Salad.
- Nori Rolls
- SMART, Make Ahead Salad Dressings
- Gail Davis
- Raw Dinner Party
- Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- Summer CSA Blog Week 2
- Mexican Stuffed Avocado With Mole Sauce and Sour Cream
- Summer CSA Blog Week 1
- Tangy Spicy Chunky Avocado Grapefruit and Pea Shoot Salad
- Summer Endive Boats.
- Parsley Sesame Salad
- How To Make Coconut Mylk
- Almond Pulp Cookies
- Dehydrating Fruits and Veggies
- “Cheesy” Kale & Onion Chips
- Earthy Lentil Salad
- Winter Comfort Drink
- Raw Macaroons
- Raw Super Bowl Snacks!
- My 13 top book picks for transitional nutrition, from processed food to REAL food!
- Holiday Truffles
- Super Immunity Travel Tips
- What Can Enzymes Do For You?
- How to eat raw on a budget.
- Which juicer to buy?
- RAW SUMMER BEET-APPLE SALAD and SPROUTED EARTHY LENTIL SALAD
- Mangoes with raw vanilla pudding
- Italian Wraps
- Green Breakfast RISE & SHINE ROUTINE
- Have a Piece of Cake Today
- Energy Soup
- Kicking Cancer to the Curb, Naturally. Interview with Carol Christoforatos
- Kicking Cancer to the Curb, Naturally. Interview with Elaine Gibson
- Grow your Own Wheatgrass
- Is there gluten in wheatgrass juice?
- Lemon Tart Parfait Recipe - Raw Food Style
- Raw Cacao Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- CRAVE CEREAL ONCE IN AWHILE? ME TOO!
- Great Kale Chip
- Natural Body Care
- Adult Acne - Food For Your Face
- My Inspiration
- Soaking Seeds and Sprouts
- Coconut Oil
- Mango, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Black Sesame and Almond Salad Recipe
- Sprouts & Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe, Herb Dressing
- All Natural Food Mask
- SUPER easy raw cookie
- Growing My Own Food
- CACAO, My Secret Indulgence
- Onion Juice - My First Experience
- Raw Beet Ravioli Recipe
- Good Morning Smoothies
- Raw Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Confetti Salad with Wasabi Sauce Recipe
- Phrases to Say When Talking to Your Kids About Food
- Carob Hazelnut Truffles Recipe
- I LOVE having healthy kids!
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash Pasta with Basil Pesto
- My Face See The Difference Raw Food Makes
- Raw Broccoli Leek Soup Recipe
- Pomegranates Are The Natural Pharmacy in Fruit
- Fennel and Pomegranate Salad On The Raw Food Holiday Table
- Raw Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Creamy Kale and Celery Root Ryce
- Cashew Rosemary Raviolis Recipe
- Raw Food Equipment
- Simple Raw Miso Soup
- Raw Vegan Parsnip Bacon Recipe
- Raw Banana Pancake Recipe
- Cashew Cream Nori Rolls
- Jicama Salad And Nectarine
- Gourmet Flat Bread Pizza
- Raw Nori Wraps
- Raw Portabella Sandwich
- Raw Nut "Cheese" Recipe
- Medicinal Sprout Salad
- Daily Green Juice
- Cinnamon Apple Crisps
Want to learn more about how to get started with raw food? Check out our free ebook!
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the research and opinions of The Raw Food Institute and Lisa Wilson, unless otherwise noted. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional nor intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of our organization. You are encouraged to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, nor are these statements intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.